As the train approached Norwood Park station, he started to cry. I picked him up (while I was still holding Charlotte in the Ergo carrier). When the train stopped and the doors open, he pulled away from me a little and said, "Let's get on the train!"
It was a Friday afternoon, so there were some regulars on the train that obviously new each other. At one of the stations, two friends came on with a case of Miller Lite. They passed some around to other friends on the train. At one point one of them shouted to a woman a few rows away "Would you like one?" Alistair, who couldn't see over the seat to see what they were passing around, replied loudly, "I want one!" The whole carriage erupted with laughter followed by things like "Start them young!' and "It's never too early to start." They said goodbye when we got off in Arlington Heights.


No comments:
Post a Comment