Thursday, February 21, 2013
Boxelder Beetle
I found out today that Steven the Beetle is a boxelder beetle. There are plenty of boxelders in the neighborhood and some on our property (despite Colin's best efforts to get rid of the junk trees). He is still alive and kicking. We found another one in the house a week or so ago, so we put him in the box as well. It was a fairly warm day, so I suggested we let them go outside, which Alistair was completely okay with. But, Steven clung on to the roof, so he came back inside. We give him water in a drinkable yogurt cap, I give him vegetables, and yesterday I had to rescue him from being stuck on his back. He must be the most loved boxelder beetle on earth.
Labels:
bugs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And now Steven has a friend. Alistair has named him Pinky.
ReplyDelete