Friday, July 6, 2012

Red Pepper


Charlotte seems to have inherited the strong willed Irish/Scottish/Greek genes.  This afternoon, I gave Charlotte her snack outside since her chair was still out there from lunch.  She started off with some yogurt melts and then some graham crackers.  I sat at the table next to her and started to cut up a yellow pepper for our burritos for dinner.  She started signing for more and pointing to the yellow pepper.  I gave her a couple of small pieces to eat, which she put on her tongue and then let fall out (they are on the tray in the photo).  She then kept gesturing to the pepper that I was still slicing.  I pointed to her graham crackers (which she hadn't touched yet), but then she just flicked them about on her tray and looked at me as if to say "What are you going to do about it?"  By this time I moved onto the red pepper.  She was gesturing more violently, so I gave her the pepper.  I figured that then she would stop asking for it and realize that she didn't really want to eat a whole pepper.  She chewed on it for a while and then gave up.  Eventually, she ate her graham crackers.  This is not the first time this sort of behaviour.  Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment