Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Prolific Artists


I have two prolific artists.  A majority of Alistair's subjects are trucks and trains.  Recently he had been drawing railroad crossings. I was impressed when he deviated from the norm and drew the pirate ship (above) sailing from England to America.  I love the happy pirate.  He also has a book that I picked up at a yard sale that teaches you how to draw objects.  Here is a cat that he drew today.  It has a bushy orange tail, much like the two ginger Maine coon cats that are often exploring our yard (Sam and Chivers).



 Charlotte will often draw scribbles and say it is a truck or a train (probably because Alistair just drew one).  She has also been drawing these interesting spirals (above).  Earlier this week she drew the picture below.  She really concentrated on it.  There are many different color scribbles and then almost a row of circles, each with two dots and two long lines out the bottom.  The back side also has these strange, almost stick figures, which bleed through the paper. Very fascinating for a two year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment