Saturday, August 29, 2020

Bennet

Today we finally got to meet our little Bennet.  We went down to Bradford New Hampshire to pick him up.  When we arrived Mel brought out two little English labrador puppies.  In a way I was dreading to have to pick, but when we saw the two puppies, I knew within a minute which one I wanted to be part of our family.  Bennet's brother was bigger, lighter in color and a bit of a bully to Bennet and kept biting the cuff of my jeans.  No thanks.  He kept stealing a little stuffed turtle that Bennet was playing with.  You could tell right away that Bennet was very sweet but silly, as a puppy should be.



So we brought the nine pound fur ball home with us.  He didn't like the car ride very much.  I held him on my lap, and while he did fall asleep a couple of times, it was only for very short periods.  The rest of the time he whined, poor little guy.  On the way home we noticed that his left eye looks a bit blue.


The kids absolutely love him.  Bennet is very silly and falls down and rolls over himself a lot.






At night the kids read him a story when he was in his crate. They chose "I Wish I were a Dog", which is about a cat who wants to be a dog.







No comments:

Post a Comment