Alistair was Buddy, the tyrannosaurus rex from Dinosaur Train, for Halloween. He told me a couple of months ago that he wanted to be Buddy. I thought it would be fairly straightforward, but it was the most complicated thing I think I've sewn so far, probably because I ended up modifying how the tail attached. He liked the costume, so I was happy.
Grandad got dressed up this year too in a medieval costume complete with hatchet. Charlotte did not like it at all. She took one look at him and said "No, no, no," and clung to me.
Charlotte wore Alistair's old pumpkin costume. I wanted her to be a ladybug, but two sewing machines malfunctioned on me, so she'll be a ladybug next year. Ben is in the three headed dragon costume and Trevor is Captain America.
We went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with Charlie (Batman), Calvin (the smaller Captain America), Ben, and Trevor. This is the first year that Alistair was into trick-or-treating. We did a two block loop. Colin and I enjoyed seeing all the other decorations, since usually we spend most of the night at our house. Charlotte seemed to have a good time too. She waved goodbye to people and ate her first candy bar - a Three Musketeers.
After dinner we had a couple more trick-or-treaters. That is when Charlotte discovered the big bowl of candy we were handing out. She then started to carry small handfuls of candy from the big bowl by the front door to Alistair's little pumpkin by the back door. She must have made a dozen trips or more. When she was done, she carried the big bowl back to the back door and started moving all the candy back to the big bowl.
No comments:
Post a Comment