Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

We went to the Christingle service this afternoon at St. Thomas.  The homily was for the children, who all had gathered around the creche at the alter.  After talking about the figures in the creche, guy revealed train tracks that encircle the creche, and moments later a train delivered baby Jesus.  (It was a lot less corny that I am describing.)  Alistair was amazed.  

I wish I had a camera during the lighting of the Christingle.  Charlotte and Alistair held their Christingles so carefully, and Alistair attempted to sing Away in a Manager.  It was lovely.  When we got back to our seats, Charlotte ate the candy off her Christingle in about two seconds.



After dinner, the kids picked out at chocolate chip cookie (Santa told us it was his favorite kind) and two carrots for the reindeer.  They also put out a glass of milk.  Then Colin and Alistair tracked Santa's progress across the globe with the Google Santa Tracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment