Friday, July 21, 2017

AVA Camp

Charlotte had a wonderful week at AVA camp this week.  The name of the camp was "Gardens, Sunflowers and Stories" with a focus on one of Van Gogh's sunflower paintings.  They read stories about Van Gogh and other artists, they went on a walk to see some sun flowers, and of course did a lot of art projects.  This morning, they had a mini art show, complete with snacks.  It felt very professional and grown up for the seven girls in the glass.  Charlotte was beaming, and we were very proud of her.  (Charlotte's sunflower is the one in the middle.)





AVA camps are great, but I was particularly impressed by this one.  The teacher was wonderful and they did such a great variety of art - sketching, painting, oil pastels, printing and even this embossed foil sunflower with butterfly.  Charlotte says, "I want to be an artist when I grow up, and I'm an artist already."


No comments:

Post a Comment