Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tick

We spent a lot of time outdoors today to enjoy the warm, sunny spring day.  Alistair and I raked leaves that had blown down from all over and collected along the picket fence on the east side of our house.  The leaves were so deep that they were choking the crocuses and other plants that are beginning to grow.  We also spent a lot of time with Colin up in the woods.  Alistair spent more time playing in the woods while Colin cleaned up some of the invading buckthorn and burning bush.  I found a tick crawling on my neck late in the afternoon, so we weren't too surprise to find one on Alistair's ribcage when he got undressed for his bath.  It was attached good, but had not buried.  Alistair's first tick bite.  (Neither Colin or I have ever had a tick bite before.)  We cleaned the bite good, and he was excited to tell his friends about his tick.  It makes me itchy all over just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment